- KKR, a global investment firm, and Vini Cosmetics, a branded personal care and beauty products company in India, announced that Company’s Founder Group – led by Darshan Patel, Chairman & Joint-Managing Director, and Dipam Patel, Joint-Managing Director – and Sequoia Capital will sell a majority stake in the Company to KKR for approximately US$625 million (INR 46 billion).
- Vini co-Founders will continue to hold a significant stake in Vini and the existing investor WestBridge Capital will acquire a further stake from the Founder Group to increase its shareholding in Vini.
Vini Cosmetics Pvt. Ltd.:
- Founded in 2010, Vini manufactures, markets and distributes its branded deodorants, cosmetics and toiletries through its flagship brand FOGG and other widely recognized brands, such as OSSUM, GlamUp, and several others. Vini has a large personal care product distribution network with 7,00,000 point of sales, 3000 dealers, sales force of 1200 people and presence in 50 countries.
- VINI International was started by Mr. Darshan Patel , erstwhile promoter of Paras Pharmaceuticals Ltd, instrumental in creating brands like Moov, D’Cold, Set Wet, Ring Guard and Dermi Cool.
- In December 2010, Reckitt Benkiser Group (RB) bought over Paras Pharmaceuticals Ltd for US $850 million.
KKR and Co.:
- Founded in 1976, KKR is an American global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, credit and real assets, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds.
- KKR has done several investments in the country in last year including J.B. Chemicals (pharmaceutical), Lenskart (eyewear), Five star (micro-finance), Reliance Jio (digital services) and Reliance Retail.
- Darshan Patel, Chairman of Vini commented that Vini is in early stages of what their brand can deliver as consumer demand for high quality personal care products continues to explode in India, South Asia and other fast growing markets around the world.
- He further added that KKR has proven track record of investing in leading consumer and personal care companies globally. Vini will leverage KKR’s global platform, resources and operational expertise by expanding its e-commerce platform, new product categories and widening distribution networks.
- KKR will be backing one of the fastest growing personal care company in India with well recognized brand names like FOGG and other personal care products in a market with young emerging middle class which increasingly seeks upgraded products.
This material has been prepared by the personnel in Vora Corporate Finance which is Investment Banking arm of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and looks after Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity (PE), Fund Raising, Debt syndication and Valuations and is based out of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Any views or opinions expressed herein are solely that of individual authors and may differ from view of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited. This material is proprietary to Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and is for your personal use only. Any distribution, copy, reprints or forward to others is strictly prohibited.
This material captures the information based on information available in the public domain, public announcements and sources believed to be reliable. Analysis contained herein is based on publicly available information and appropriate assumptions. This material is intended merely to highlight market developments and is not intended to be comprehensive and does not constitute strategic, investment, legal or tax advice. In no event Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited be liable for any use by any party or for any decision made or action taken by any party in reliance upon, or for any inaccuracies or errors in, or omissions from, the information contained herein and such information may not be relied upon by you for evaluating any transaction.
#mergersandacquisitions #privateequity #ipo #debt #debtsyndication #valuations #rating #creditrating #financeadvisory #finance #economy #indianeconomy #fundraising #capitalmarket #capital #banking #m&a #ma #pe #initialpublicoffer #businessloan #loan #businessvaluation #registeredvaluer #acquisition #merger #deals #financialdeals #ahmedabad #gujarat #india #ratingadvisory #mergersandacquisitionsahmedabad #maahmedabad #privateequityahmedabad #ipoahmedabad #financeadvisoryahmedabad #stockmarket #primarymarket #secondarymarket