- HealthKart Bags $135 Mn in Series H Funding Round Led by Temasek, 91 Partners and Kae Capital for valuation around $350-400 million (around Rs. 3000 Crore).
- The startup, also counts Sequoia India, Sofina and IIFL among its backers, has raised about $200 million to date.
- Founded in 2011, by Maheshwari and Prashant Tandon HealthKart is run by Bright Lifecare Pvt. Ltd, The fitness and well-being centric startup delivers protein supplements and vitamins and makes supplement brands such as MuscleBlaze, The Protein Zone, TrueBasics, HKVitals, bGreen, Nouriza and Gritzo.
- The firm also earns commissions from brands which sell their health and nutrition brands on its online marketplace. Some of the popular brands retailing on the platform include Amway, Ustraa and Organic Harvest.
- The co-founders were also founders of VC-backed online pharmacy 1mg, which was hived off as a separate entity in 2015, and was acquired by Tata group in 2021.
- The company retails its products via its direct-to-consumer (D2C) platform, about 140 offline stores and e-commerce sites. It claims that more than a million consumers use its products every month.
- Founded in 1974, Temasek is a global investment company headquartered in Singapore, has portfolio value as at 31st March 2022 of 403 billion USD.
- Temasek’s recent investments include Molbio Diagnostics for over Rs 690 Crore, DeHaat for Rs 486 Crores, Country Delight for Rs 185 Crore, Eye care chain Dr Agarwal’s for Rs 1,050 Crores.
- HealthKart will use the funds to grow its direct-to-consumer brands, ramp up offline presence, expand international operations and for inorganic growth opportunities.
- They will also use the funds to carry on its expansion plans in India and overseas including through acquisitions.
- HealthKart has clocked Rs. 1,000 Crore in annual revenue run rate in FY23; HealthKart has grown around threefold in last three years.
- The firm is looking to achieve Ebitda (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) profitability in the next 12-18 months.
- Earlier, HealthKart raised $25 million in a Series G round led by Belgian private equity firm Sofina Group. The startup also counts Sequoia Capital, IIFL and Omidyar Network among its investors. To date, the firm has raised close to $200 million.
Acknowledgements: RBI Bulletin (www.bulletin.rbi.org.in), SEBI (www.sebi.gov.in), NSE (www.nseindia.com), BSE (www.bseindia.com)
This material has been prepared by the personnel in Vora Corporate Finance which is Investment Banking arm of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and looks after Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity (PE), Fund Raising, Debt syndication and Valuations and is based out of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Any views or opinions expressed herein are solely that of individual authors and may differ from view of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited. This material is proprietary to Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and is for your personal use only. Any distribution, copy, reprints or forward to others is strictly prohibited.
This material captures the information based on information available in the public domain, public announcements and sources believed to be reliable. Analysis contained herein is based on publicly available information and appropriate assumptions. This material is intended merely to highlight market developments and is not intended to be comprehensive and does not constitute strategic, investment, legal or tax advice. In no event Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited be liable for any use by any party or for any decision made or action taken by any party in reliance upon, or for any inaccuracies or errors in, or omissions from, the information contained herein and such information may not be relied upon by you for evaluating any transaction.
#mergersandacquisitions #privateequity #ipo #debt #debtsyndication #valuations #rating #creditrating #financeadvisory #finance #economy #indianeconomy #fundraising #capitalmarket #capital #banking #m&a #ma #pe #initialpublicoffer #businessloan #loan #businessvaluation #registeredvaluer #acquisition #merger #deals #financialdeals #ahmedabad #gujarat #india #ratingadvisory #mergersandacquisitionsahmedabad #maahmedabad #privateequityahmedabad #ipoahmedabad #financeadvisoryahmedabad #stockmarket #primarymarket #secondarymarket