- RBI, in its April 2023 policy meeting, opted to maintain the status quo on repo rates at 6.5%.
- Retail inflation eased to an 18-month low of 4.7% in April from 5.66% in the preceding month. Inflation numbers were in line with the expectation and benefitted with a favorable base effect.
- Favorable base effect is due to Russia-Ukraine crisis which started affecting prices in last April.
- Food and beverage inflation also softened at 4.22% in April due to above average rainfall in April which kept vegetable prices in control.
- Softening inflation should reflect favorably on the decision of RBI in the next MPC meeting, which again may hold the rates.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) expects India to grow by 5.9% by FY24 and by an average rate of 6.1% over the next five years.
Global Banking Crisis:
Reasons for Collapse
Status of Crisis
This material has been prepared by the personnel in Vora Corporate Finance which is Investment Banking arm of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and looks after Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity (PE), Fund Raising, Debt syndication and Valuations and is based out of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Any views or opinions expressed herein are solely that of individual authors and may differ from view of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited. This material is proprietary to Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and is for your personal use only. Any distribution, copy, reprints or forward to others is strictly prohibited.
This material captures the information based on information available in the public domain, public announcements and sources believed to be reliable. Analysis contained herein is based on publicly available information and appropriate assumptions. This material is intended merely to highlight market developments and is not intended to be comprehensive and does not constitute strategic, investment, legal or tax advice. In no event Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited be liable for any use by any party or for any decision made or action taken by any party in reliance upon, or for any inaccuracies or errors in, or omissions from, the information contained herein and such information may not be relied upon by you for evaluating any transaction.
#mergersandacquisitions #privateequity #ipo #debt #debtsyndication #valuations #rating #creditrating #financeadvisory #finance #economy #indianeconomy #fundraising #capitalmarket #capital #banking #m&a #ma #pe #initialpublicoffer #businessloan #loan #businessvaluation #registeredvaluer #acquisition #merger #deals #financialdeals #ahmedabad #gujarat #india #ratingadvisory#primarymarket #secondarymarket #mergersandacquisitionsahmedabad #maahmedabad #privateequityahmedabad #ipoahmedabad #financeadvisoryahmedabad #stockmarket