India’s inclusion in JP Morgan’s Emerging market bond index
- JP Morgan Chase & Co. in September said that it would include Indian Government Bond’s in its Government Bond Index- Emerging Markets Global Index Suite from June 2024.
- The inclusion of Indian Bonds in the JP Morgan index begins in June 2024 with a weight of 1%, increasing 1% each month until it reaches 10% by April 2025.
- This will lead to inflow of about $ 25 to $ 30 Billion in the next 10 months from June 2024.
- It’s a positive development for India as apart from passive flows, there would be active funds globally that would like to invest.
- This development is good from Balance of Payment and Fiscal Deficit point of view as slowly and steadily funds will get infused.
- This should also result in reduction of borrowing cost and yields should also fall, over a period of time.
- However, this may lead to increased volatility for retail investors as FPIs are known for sudden entries and exits.
- Rating Agency Fitch said that the inclusion will support diversification of Investor base for Indian Government securities, slightly lower funding cost, support further development of Domestic Capital Markets and increase India’s credit profile marginally in near term.
- India formally handed over the G20 presidency to Brazil at the closing ceremony of the annual summit of the grouping that was held in New Delhi. Prime Minister Narendra Modi completed the transition by handing over the ceremonial gavel of the presidency to Brazil President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
- India has had the presidency of the G20 since Dec. 1, when it took over from Indonesia, and will continue to hold the position until Nov. 30.
- PM Modi announced that G20 countries have reached consensus on declaration. This is significant because of differences over Russia-Ukraine war. Global leaders came to India for participating in G20.
- All 83 paragraphs of G20 New Delhi leader’s declaration, including 8 Paragraphs on Ukraine conflicts were unanimously approved.
- Declaration includes a concrete strategy for “Strengthening multilateral development banks, regulating crypto currency, digital infrastructure to enhance finance, and Agreement to boost World Banks financing capacity.
- African Union is accepted as part of G20.
- All countries came together for major Green Development pact to focus on financing, cutting global greenhouse gas emissions, a global biofuel alliance, sustainable development and ending plastic pollution among others.
This material has been prepared by the personnel in Vora Corporate Finance which is Investment Banking arm of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and looks after Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity (PE), Fund Raising, Debt syndication and Valuations and is based out of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Any views or opinions expressed herein are solely that of individual authors and may differ from view of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited. This material is proprietary to Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and is for your personal use only. Any distribution, copy, reprints or forward to others is strictly prohibited.
This material captures the information based on information available in the public domain, public announcements and sources believed to be reliable. Analysis contained herein is based on publicly available information and appropriate assumptions. This material is intended merely to highlight market developments and is not intended to be comprehensive and does not constitute strategic, investment, legal or tax advice. In no event Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited be liable for any use by any party or for any decision made or action taken by any party in reliance upon, or for any inaccuracies or errors in, or omissions from, the information contained herein and such information may not be relied upon by you for evaluating any transaction.
#mergersandacquisitions #privateequity #ipo #debt #debtsyndication #valuations #rating #creditrating #financeadvisory #finance #economy #indianeconomy #fundraising #capitalmarket #capital #banking #m&a #ma #pe #initialpublicoffer #businessloan #loan #businessvaluation #registeredvaluer #acquisition #merger #deals #financialdeals #ahmedabad #gujarat #india #ratingadvisory#primarymarket #secondarymarket #mergersandacquisitionsahmedabad #maahmedabad #privateequityahmedabad #ipoahmedabad #financeadvisoryahmedabad #stockmarket