- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited (“Torrent”), one of the leading Pharma Companies in India, announced the acquisition of Curatio Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd. (“Curatio”), a manufacturer of Skincare products.
- Torrent has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a 100% equity stake in Curatio for Rs 2,000 Crores. The consideration includes Rs. 115 Crores (on the date of signing) of cash and cash equivalents in the acquired business indicating an Enterprise Value of Rs. 1,885 Crores.
About Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.:
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals is ranked 8th in the Indian Pharmaceutical Market (IPM) and is among the Top 5 in the therapeutics segments of Cardiovascular, Gastro-Intestinal, Central Nervous System, and Vitamins Minerals Nutritionals.
- Torrent has 7 manufacturing plants out of which 4 plants are approved by the USFDA.
- Company has a strong focus on R&D with a team of more than 800 scientists.
- Torrent’s turnover in FY22 was more than Rs. 8,500 Crores, with group revenue of more than 22,500 Crores.
About Curatio Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd.:
- Incorporated in 2005, Curatio has a strong presence in the cosmetic dermatology segment with a portfolio of over 50 brands. It has operations in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines.
- Curatio’s portfolio consists of leading brands such as Tedibar, Atogla, Spoo, B4 Nappi, and Permite, which are ranked among the top 5 brands in their covered market.
- Curatio was backed by PE funds including Sequoia, Anicut, and ChrysCapital.
- Torrent pharma said that the acquisition offers Torrent the opportunity to enhance its presence in dermatology with a differentiated portfolio and is a strong strategic fit.
- Curatio’s revenue for FY22 was Rs 224 Crores which is expected to cross Rs. 275 Crores in FY23.
- Dermatology accounts for 82% of Curatio’s revenue. Within dermatology, cosmetic dermatology is a leading contributor. Over the last decade, cosmetic dermatology as a therapy has delivered an 18% CAGR which is 1.6x of the IPM CAGR.
- Torrent Pharma will add a Field Force of 600 Medical representatives and a distribution network of 900 stockists.
- With this deal, Torrent Pharma will enter the league of top 10 players in the dermatology segment and will be the leader in the cosmetic dermatology space.
- Earlier in May 2022, Torrent Pharma acquired four therapy segment brands from Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. (DRL).’Styptovit-E’, ‘Finast’, ‘Finast-T’, and ‘Dynapress’ to strengthen its presence in the therapy segment.
This material has been prepared by the personnel in Vora Corporate Finance which is Investment Banking arm of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and looks after Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity (PE), Fund Raising, Debt syndication and Valuations and is based out of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Any views or opinions expressed herein are solely that of individual authors and may differ from view of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited. This material is proprietary to Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and is for your personal use only. Any distribution, copy, reprints or forward to others is strictly prohibited.
This material captures the information based on information available in the public domain, public announcements and sources believed to be reliable. Analysis contained herein is based on publicly available information and appropriate assumptions. This material is intended merely to highlight market developments and is not intended to be comprehensive and does not constitute strategic, investment, legal or tax advice. In no event Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited be liable for any use by any party or for any decision made or action taken by any party in reliance upon, or for any inaccuracies or errors in, or omissions from, the information contained herein and such information may not be relied upon by you for evaluating any transaction.
#mergersandacquisitions #privateequity #ipo #debt #debtsyndication #valuations #rating #creditrating #financeadvisory #finance #economy #indianeconomy #fundraising #capitalmarket #capital #banking #m&a #ma #pe #initialpublicoffer #businessloan #loan #businessvaluation #registeredvaluer #acquisition #merger #deals #financialdeals #ahmedabad #gujarat #india #ratingadvisory #mergersandacquisitionsahmedabad #maahmedabad #privateequityahmedabad #ipoahmedabad #financeadvisoryahmedabad #stockmarket #primarymarket #secondarymarket