- Investcorp announced that it has led an investment of INR 545 Cores in the dental chain Clove Dental, operated by Global Dental Services Ltd, which is Asia’s largest dental chain and among the top 15 global Dental Services Organizations.
- Tybourne Capital and other new and existing shareholders are also investing alongside Investcorp in this round in Clove Dental.
- Established in 1982, Investcorp is a private equity fund, acting as a bridge between the Gulf and the rest of the world.
- As of June, 2022, Investcorp’s assets under management are US $42.7bn that are diversified across three continents, six asset classes and numerous product lines.
- Its investments over the last four years include VEnsure, NDR Warehousing, Intergrow Brands, Bewakoof.com, Freshtohome, Zolo, InCred, Citykart, NephroPlus, Unilog, XpressBees, and Safari Industries.
About Clove Dental:
- Established in 2011, Clove Dental (a brand name of Star Dental Centre Private Limited) is the largest network of dental clinics in India.
- The dental chain group operates 340 clinics across 24 cities and 12 states in India. It currently has a team of 841 dentists. It manages an excess of 1 million + patients every month. In addition, they have conducted about 15 lakh treatments in the last ten years.
- It also offers aligners and smile correction services through its brand LoveMySmile. The D2C brand provides dentist-led hybrid solutions at home and in-clinic.
- The dental chain Clove Dental plans to use the funds to fuel expansion plans, primarily spreading its commercial footprint as well as grow its hybrid model and products for smile correction.
- Investcorp said that the Indian dental services market is worth $3 billion and highly fragmented where large hospitals and dental chains accounting for under 10% of all practices. Investing in a single specialty segment, within healthcare, aligns well with Investcorp’s thesis of backing scaled and differentiated assets.
- PE fund believes that with better hygiene and growing awareness about healthcare, patients are increasingly going to rely on organized chains for professional medical services.
- This is Investcorp’s fourth healthcare investment in India.It earlier concluded three healthcare deals in India: V-Ensure Pharma Technologies, Neprhoplus (a dialysis chain), and ASG Eye Hospitals, where Investcorp recently sold its entire stake to General Atlantic and Kedaara.
- Globally, Investcorp has invested in Acura, Germany’s second largest dental platform.
This material has been prepared by the personnel in Vora Corporate Finance which is Investment Banking arm of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and looks after Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity (PE), Fund Raising, Debt syndication and Valuations and is based out of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Any views or opinions expressed herein are solely that of individual authors and may differ from view of Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited. This material is proprietary to Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited and is for your personal use only. Any distribution, copy, reprints or forward to others is strictly prohibited.
This material captures the information based on information available in the public domain, public announcements and sources believed to be reliable. Analysis contained herein is based on publicly available information and appropriate assumptions. This material is intended merely to highlight market developments and is not intended to be comprehensive and does not constitute strategic, investment, legal or tax advice. In no event Vora Management Consultancy Private Limited be liable for any use by any party or for any decision made or action taken by any party in reliance upon, or for any inaccuracies or errors in, or omissions from, the information contained herein and such information may not be relied upon by you for evaluating any transaction.
#mergersandacquisitions #privateequity #ipo #debt #debtsyndication #valuations #rating #creditrating #financeadvisory #finance #economy #indianeconomy #fundraising #capitalmarket #capital #banking #m&a #ma #pe #initialpublicoffer #businessloan #loan #businessvaluation #registeredvaluer #acquisition #merger #deals #financialdeals #ahmedabad #gujarat #india #ratingadvisory#primarymarket #secondarymarket #mergersandacquisitionsahmedabad #maahmedabad #privateequityahmedabad #ipoahmedabad #financeadvisoryahmedabad #stockmarket